Thursday, September 13, 2012

1st Day of School!

 This was at Meet the Teacher... the first time Trace got to see his classroom! He went right to his little chair where his name was. and LOVED it!
 I could not be more happy with his teacher... Mrs. Ramsey! We have been friends since 8th grade! We ran track together, had sleepovers, so much fun in high school. who would imagine that 11 years later, she'd be my son's K-5 teacher?! I love how God works all things together... even the seemingly small things! And Michelle, I mean, Mrs. Ramsey, actually just had a baby! So Trace has a sub, Mrs. McWhorter, for the first month or so of class, then Mrs. Ramsey will be his teacher. I don't blame her a bit for wanting those sweet days with her tiny precious Olivia! 

 A poem my sweet (teacher) friend gave me... of course it made me cry!
 This boy... so ready for school!! He was so excited, and even let me take tons of pics! YAY! :-)
 all Batman'd out and ready for school!

 Sweet Boy! When did he grow up? I love leaving him notes in his lunchbox! He said he wants to take his lunch every single day. guess we'll see how that goes!
 absolute coolest nap mat EVER! nate is so talented and Trace was beyond ecstatic when Daddy was through decorating his nap mat!!
 loving on my baby... loves when he curls up beside me and tells me all about his day!!!

 It seems like Trace has learned so much overnight! In just a few short weeks, he has learned his numbers, colors, recognizing letters, knowing what sounds make what letters, and so much more!! he's just doing SO good!
His first project... I am so proud of him!! I videoed him explaining his poster, and i will try and post it. well how bout this... just go here and watch it! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xcwoN3ks84&feature=plcp
hope that works...

 oooh, and not to be outdone by his big bro... lucas got a special sign too~ first day of 3K! friends always ask where he's in 3K, and my answer is Bitsy and Meme's daycare! I'm so thankful that our parents lovingly and graciously keep the kids that aren't old enough for school yet. can't believe in just 2 short years we'll be capturing Luc's first day of 5K!
 silly goose! here's a little video of him... he's such a nut!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adb4Sml9iA4&feature=plcp
seriously... i could not be more proud of both of these boys! we are pretty adjusted to our new routines for the most part... but still trying to perfect getting out the door and getting everyone where they need to be on time! ;) so far, so good!
i'm so thankful for an easy transition.... honestly i was worried that trace wouldn't like his class, or being gone for so long, or riding the bus... but so far, it's all been so smooth!
i am praying for trace to let his little light shine at school this year!!

1 comments:

Meg said...

She did my maternity leave when I had Cole....precious precious!