Thursday, August 21, 2008

what's in a name

a few people have asked if we have any names picked out yet for the baby. we definitely have a girl name... drum roll please.... ** HALEY JAMES WHITT **. (nate's first name is james, and james is also a family name in both of our families, we have several grandfather's, uncles, cousins, etc named james.) and nate has just always like the name Haley so there ya go. i love Haley James and i think it is different, you don't hear many girls with that name. (except on one tree hill...) maybe b/c it's a boy name but oh well :) i think it's really cute. i don't think we will always call her by both names, probably just haley. but we'll see.
ok, so we don't have a definite boy name picked out. yes, if it's a boy, his middle name will be james as well, but we have talked about a few different names but nate and i can't agree on one yet. imagine that. he likes ** MICAH JAMES WHITT **. i like that name but i'm not sure that it's my favorite. i kinda like hudson, parker, or tucker. but then again, the names i like just don't sound right either. so nothing is for sure yet. i guess we will wait and see if it's a boy or a girl, if it's a girl then i guess we are wasting time dreaming of boy names. ha. trace carter just flows so well but it took a week or so after we found out he was a boy to decide on that name 100%. now i can't see him having any other name!
well that's it for now, so let me know what ya'll think!

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

LOVE Haley James. I would call her by both names. That is adorable!
LOVE Hudson. And Tucker. Hey, Cooper is a great name too. For a boy or girl I think.
I love thinking about names, don't you?

Dollar General said...

LOVE the girl name...good luck with two names...we still can't decide either (on one name or two)! And I really like Micah and Tucker! Trace and Tucker...Not sure...I completely feel your pain!Huge responsibility! But a fun one! At least you still have time. I wasn't set on Mary until Jason said "It's Mary!" I still liked Esther! But now she's our little Mary Selah, or Mary Mae or Pumpkin Butt or Sweet Cheeks or whatever else comes to mind...most of the time ANNA! HA!!

I can't wait to find out what your having! SO FUN!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love Haley James for your baby girl name! The only girl I've known with James as her name is James Faye Hudson. I used to work with her - she was great! Everyone called her Faye but me. She was either James Faye or just James as far as I was concerned. All your boy names sounded good. If either Page or Silena had been a boy their name would have been James Rhett.

The Spahn Family said...

I love the names you have picked out! I can't wait to take some sweet preggo pics of you! (o: