Monday, October 31, 2011

pumpkins, patches, and parties oh my!

*warning. tons of pics. they are cute. but there's a lot! :)

this year we went to the mathew's manor pumpkin patch...
i loved it b/c it is oh... about a mile from our house!

the kids jumped on jumpy things... rode the wagon to the pumpkin patch... and picked out the perfect pumpkins!

they were so funny... they were picky about which pumpkin they wanted! picky or not... they are so stinkin' cute!

ummm look at this sweet boy... he's so cute he gets more photos than anyone else on here! :-)

after the pumpkin patch... we made SMORES!!!! so yum! and messy.
wow... what a sticky pile of yummy goodness :))

fun times... so glad we were able to find a day that we could all go...
the tradition lives on another year!
sure wish the whitt's woulda thot to open a pumpkin patch in argo. that's all i'm gonna say...
well...  read b/w the lines... we'd be R.I.C.H.

i mean... seriously. i could eat him up. one bite at a time...
just like how Sweet T is gonna eat that big ol pumpkin... one bite at a time. ha!

family picture time!
whitt party of 5

whew... glad to say we are the whitt party of FOUR!!! ;-)
love this pic of us!

so that concludes the pumpkin patch portion of this post! :)

once we have our pumpkins... we get to have our annual pumpkin party and carve them! we had a huge spread of food this year... it was delish!!

so yeah... i'm such a big kid! i bought like 12 of these vampire teeth sets for like $1.50 at walmart... they were SUCH a huge hit with the kids, that i wanted in on the action too! we tried to make funny or scary faces in the pics.. i think they are all hilarious!! :)

carvin carvin carvin

the kids (and i) painted pumpkins this year... loved it! they are some good little artists!

trace- making pumpkin soup out of the pumpkin guts. ewww!
and luc... that boy's a multitasker like his mama! riding a bike, talkin on the phone, and holding the glow stick in his mouth.
yes i know those are toxic.. i will accept my mother of the year award momentarily ;)

nana came out to see our pumpkins... and i took a chance to get the kids pics made with her!
they love their nana... and she loves them!
not sure who loves who more!!

and our fav part... when it's all said and done... lining them up.

and lighting them! :)

we have some good carvers... love all the jack-o-lanterns!

we had so so so so much fun!

this year. the halloween festivities seem to be never ending...
so stay tuned for more....

who am i kidding? not sure anyone even reads my blog. but oh well.
it's really for a family scrapbook deal anyways, to remember all the fun times. you know, since the last time i scrapbooked was when trace was 6 weeks old.
yeah, i'd say i better stick to bloggin' if i want anything recorded! :))

4 comments:

The Whitts said...

i read you blog... i read your blog to remember what happened since the last time i blogged so that i know what to blog next... so thankful that someone keeps up with all of us :)

Shalita said...

I read your blog! I don't always get to comment because I am usually reading in a hurry, but I LOVE reading your blog!

What pumpkin fun you all had! I love this time of year and I love hearing how everyone spends it!

As always, thanks for sharing! And I must say, all the Whitt grandkids get cuter with each blog post!!!

Anonymous said...

I read and loved the pictures from ypsilanti Michigan! keep blogging and I will keep reading about your beautiful family. Jean

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I read! I just rarely comment on anyone's blog anymore because I always read from my phone. My dinosaur of a com-pooter died. So, when I try to comment from my phone, it's a super pain in the butt and doesn't always post my comments until I've written the comment and tried 4 times. Technology drives me crazy!!

LOVED the pumpkins! And all your Halloween posts! Too cute.