Tuesday, March 24, 2009

OH Happy Day!


THE WHOLE FAMILY!


well i made it thru my first week back at work- PTL! i actually only worked 4 days and took a vacation day on friday, and it was so nice to be off for 3 days with the family! we had a great weekend... friday we went to the zoo! it was trace's first trip there and he had a blast. lucas slept thru most of it, but that's ok! we went with mandy and bobby and their kids, jayzk and maddie-grace. the boys played great together and loved the animals. i was a little disappointed in the zoo but it's been a while since i've been. what i missed most were the elephants, what's a zoo without elephants? we still had fun though... the monkeys were def. my FAV! they were so cute and funny! after the zoo we ate at la paz, yummy!


saturday we had a semi lazy day which was nice to be able to just chill and rest a little! i got a pedicure while nate watched the boys- thanks baby! and then we watched a little basketball, GO DUKE! and of course what's a saturday without a trip to wally world? lol.


then sunday was a great day too. we went to church and then to meme's for lunch with the whole family! YES- all 6 grandbabies were finally together! i love the pic up top of everyone... we all have a baby in our lap :) and the one below with the kiddos- god has truly blessed our family! everyone is happy and healthy and we couldn't ask for anything else.
hope you enjoy the pics!


All 6 babies! (in order from L-R) Caden, Kenley, Lucas, Mason, Trace and Laura Grace


Lucas and Mason- Best Buddies!

(I LOVE Mason's outfit- his shirt says "I am a really BIG deal!" AND HE IS! God is so good and we are so thankful that Mason is home and healthy now! oh, and btw, Lucas has the same outfit and he's a big deal too :) Don't you think they kinda look alike??


Zoo Pics...

( LOVE this pic of me and nate!)
trace loved the carousel but cried so hard when we had to get off! :(



A few more of Lucas...


oh yeah... one more thing! has anyone heard the song "Happy Day" by Fee? it is a great praise and worship song and trace LOVES IT! every time we get in the van or the truck he says "happy day mama!" and we play the song over, and over, and over until we get to where we are going. i know trace is so young but it makes me so happy and just fills my heart with joy when i hear him praying and singing bible songs... when we say our prayers at nite he goes thru the list of who he is thankful for. i say thank you god for ______ and he almost always says ummmm "MAMA" first, and he usually repeats my name at least 10 more times. i love it! NOW that just melts my heart. oh yeah, back to him singing. he sings lots of church songs, like "i will be with you always" that he learned from caden and bible study, and of course "jesus loves me." those are kid songs. but happy day is a grown up song and he knows almost every word! i am gonna try and get him to sing it and record it... but we know kids don't always perform when or how we want them to! he esp. loves the chorus and it goes like this... "OH happy day, happy day, you wash my sin away. OH happy day, happy day, i'll never be the same. oh no, forever i am changed. " here is a link to the song by Fee, if you haven't heard it- go listen! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Fee/track/Happy+Day


just wanted to end with that lil story... and these pics of my sweet boys smiling. looks like they are having a happy day :)

3 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

I have not heard that song...I want to hear it but my computer barks at me when I try to go to that site..
Yall are one blessed bunch! I love seeing Rachel's baby looking so sweet and healthy, and of course Trace and Lucas and all the other children of God!
Happy Day indeed!!!!!!!!

Meg said...

Your fam is precious! I know ya'll love all teh kiddos! I am excited about our expanding fam too! I can't wait until we have a full house like you guys...how fun! You almost have your own t-ball team!!!

The Spahn Family said...

Look at all of those adorable kiddos!!!