Monday, April 20, 2009

Praying for Stellan

little stellan has been on my heart so much lately. he will have such a dangerous surgery tomorrow and i am so worried about him. i just can not imagine how his mom and dad are feeling right now... i don't even know if his dad can be in boston with them, or if he is staying home with the other kids. i just read all mckmama's updates and i just read them over and over like is this really happening? is she really having to type this out, about how if there are complications in the surgery it could result in her sons death? wow. please please please be praying for stellan. he has not had a good day at all and the surgery might end up being tonite if things don't get better. the following is from the latest blog and it just breaks my heart. you can almost hear how scared mckmama is.

"Would you pray that Dr. A will have wisdom as to if he should move forward with the ablation after the esophageal study? If he does move forward, would you pray that he will have clarity of mind as far as how aggressive to be with the ablation in order to fix Stellan's problem without putting him at undue risk for complications. Would you pray that the tiny catheters the doctors use will not nick Stellan's coronary artery? Would you pray for peace for me and my husband? Would you pray that heart block will not occur during the surgery? Would you pray that the extra pathways Stellan has will be located and successfully destroyed? Will you pray that, if they need to go through his septum, that it will heal as it should? Would you pray that in the days after the surgery (In infants, coronary damage sometimes doesn't appear for up to three days, so we'll be here for the rest of the week at least it looks.) we will cling to Jesus and not to fear? I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this. I am not going to lie at all, I am scared and have a pit in my stomach that will not go away. But peace like a river washes over me time and time again as I turn my eyes back on Jesus."

so please be in prayer for all of the above. i will keep you updated as i hear something. enjoy the pics of my sweet babies showing their support for stellan.


WE LOVE YOU STELLAN!!! PRAYING FOR YOU!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Jamie!! I was actually thinking about you the other day. I was telling John about the Honey Bee's and how horrible I was at softball!! Your boys are too cute!! You look so happy!! And Im praying for baby Stellan too!! He is such a strong lil' man!!

The Spahn Family said...

I am so glad to have discovered Stellan through your blog, we are definitely praying for him & his family! Your boys get cuter by the minute! I cannot believe how big Lucas looks!!!!

Super B's Mom said...

Isn't Stellan amazing?!? It is so obvious that God's mighty hand is upon him! So glad to have found another Alabama mom blogger! Your boys are so precious!

The Ferrill's said...

I am praying for him!
I love your Easter pics, Jamie! Looks like yall had a very blessed one! Your boys are so handsome!