Thursday, October 7, 2010

orange beach- part 1

we had a wonderful time at the beach.... we were so blessed to be able to stay at a super nice condo at a super nice price. (thanks to shannon for the awesome hook up!) let me just say, the beach in october is fabulous! we practically had the place to ourselves!! :) we haven't been to the beach with my whole family (bitsy, poppi, shannon, josh, caden, lala, me, nate, trace, and lucas) since 2008 when i was pregnant with lucas. needless to say, the 4 cousins had an absolute blast this trip!! whether they were throwing sand, collecting shells, playing in the ocean, swimming in the pool, fishing on the pier, riding go-carts at the track, or just hanging out at the congo (as the kids called it) eating all sorts of sugar filled treats, there were plenty of smiles and shouts of delight! and the adults had a pretty good time as well! enjoy the pics and see for yourselves...

fun at the beach!


lucas loved the sand...
and the kids especially loved hanging out with bitsy and poppi!
my dad named this big bird (i think it's a blue heron?) blue. creative i know. :) he would hang out when we were fishing and he loved the treats poppi would throw to him. lucas, however, didn't love when we fed blue. he would get a real worried look on his face and say "fish, fish" while the bird was enjoying his meal!
good times!
g
o
n
e

fishin'


stay tuned for orange beach, part 2. i know, you are so excited you can't stand it! :)

6 comments:

Dollar General said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dollar General said...

You've gotten to go to the beach WAAAYYY to many times this year! How FUN and not to mention - NOT FAIR!! The beach in October sounds so DELIGHTFUL!! I love that y'all went fishing! Glad to hear y'all had fun!

Trace Car Driver said...

page- it's only the second time we've been this year! :)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I would be lying if I said I wasn't JEALOUS.. But I'm glad you go to go and have a blast. Cute pics!

Silena Cvacho said...

Jamie, I am jealous, I haven't gotten to go at all this year!! Boo Hoo!! I wish my parents would take us!! I wish we could go with you!! Remember sleeping on the floor of the condo on blowup beds!! Ha! But this time we'd go and leave out the "sleeping on the floor" part!! It looks like you guys had a great time!! Love you!!

Shalita said...

I love all these pictures and cannot wait to see part two! We love the beach in October too---great weather and not crowded!!! I also love to see kites flying at the beach---thanks for including that collage!