Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Whitt Family

so i usually HATE to hear the phrase "family pictures". immediately i get stressed out about finding the perfect outfit, hoping for a good hair day, praying the kids wake up happy from their nap, etc! well this time, there were NO worries! we decided we would all wear black shirts and blue jeans. SIMPLE! and in my opinion, oh so cute! we went to twin lakes in moody, which turned out to be a fabulous location. the kids were so cooperative, and i think the scenery around the lake had a lot to do with keeping them happy (and the juice boxes and grapes, thanks aunt nae nae!) they hardly realized we were taking pictures! it was FUN. and not stressful AT ALL! my cousin page (well, really she is nate's cousin, but i claim her now!) has recently realized her passion for good photography, so we arranged for her to take these previously dreaded family pics! ;) and page, wow, she really outdid herself! i will say that we got a much later start than planned b/c of the alabama game. by time it was over we were really pushed for sunlight! but we are def gonna get together and shoot some more pics soon, when there's plenty of daylight left! i still am SO happy with the way they turned out. even if the boys weren't really smiling in our family shots, i love them!! i haven't seen ALL the pics, but here's most of the ones page edited for us. i am guessing that there were plenty that she didn't even bother to use, b/c with 8 adults and 6 kids ages 4 and under, it's hard to get everyone looking the same direction, much less smiling! can't help but wander how many outcast pics would fit in on awkward family photos. has anyone ever seen that website? hilarious! :)

so without further ado, here are the Whitt Family Pictures, 2010 Edition!

meme and grandaddy and their little loves

all of us walking down the road. love it!
the "other" whitt's!
my sister shannon, nate's brother josh, and their kids caden (4) and laura grace (2) and yes, if by some chance you didn't know, my sister and i are married to brothers. and our kids are double first cousins! *maybe i have a new blog reader or friend who doesn't know this. so i always have to share! :)
the bowling family
nate and josh's sister rachel, her husband dalton, and their kids kenley (3) and mason (1)


again, dancing walking in the street!
all 6 monkeys... so cute! i hate that lucas is crying in the 2nd shot, but it's still so funny and cute to me still!

here lucas was in a pretty serious mood. but hey, at least mama looks good. ;o) just sayin'...
the "big boys" as we call them. absolutely LOVE this picture of caden and trace! they are so handsome!
love these! the fence was a perfect place for a big group shot! (and yes, i realize nate and i are not smiling in the bottom picture. guess she caught us off guard! hate we ruined the pic!)
the kiddos looking at the lake! (i kept throwing rocks in the lake and asking them if they saw the fish jump! hey, i had to get their attention somehow! ha!)
ummm. i hate to break it to ya trace, but this was supposed to be a smiling pic, not a stick your tongue out silly pic! apparently lucas didn't get the memo either! ;o)
me, lucas (1) trace (3) and nate
and last BUT not least... my fav of them all...
the jumping pic! the kids loved doing this! we probably took this shot 45 times and maybe 1 or 2 actually worked, with all the kids up in the air!


again,
page, thank you, again, SOOO much for the awesome photos! and for teaching me that family pictures don't always have to be stressful! :)

3 john 1:4 "i have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

6 comments:

Dollar General said...

1. Pretty sad you referred to me as your "COUSIN" - what?!? I thought we were friends!! HA! Oh well, I'll get what I can take.

2. I thought it was a HUGE privilege to take pictures for y'all. A lot of times you could care-less what people think - but you really take to heart what your family thinks! You were all so encouraging to me. I wanted to do so much better but Jason said this is a good place for me to be b/c it's gonna make me do better (in other words - get a new lens or flash...).

3. I LOVE THE COLLAGES!!! LOVE THEM! It's amazing what a black background can do! I think they look great! Love it!

I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Silena Cvacho said...

Wow!! Those are great!! Wish Page would do some for my fam!! ;) You look really great in those!! So skinny- especially the one where you're holding up a baby- so curvy!! Really they are all wonderful!! That looks like it would have been quite scary to even attempt (a lot of people and babies)but I'm glad they turned out so good!! Miss ya! Love ya, Silena

Trace Car Driver said...

PAGE- 1. you know i love you! friend, family, cousin... whatever. it's a whole lot of love!!
2. and we REALLY do love all the pics!! let me know if you are really getting rid of that camera anytime soon. but i think you mean you will just add to it and make it better? :)
3. you know i love me some collages! lol. glad you like them too! thanks again! love you!

SILENA- i'm sure if you sweet talk your sis she will take some pics of your fam! ha.
and oh my goodness, i love my skinny jeans but didn't realize how FORM FITTING they were until these pics! wow, i def have some curves going on. esp the ones of my butt when we are all in the street ;) but thank you for the compliment!
and for the record... i love you JUST as much as i love page. honest i do :) miss and love ya'll both!

Shalita said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ALL the pictures! I could not even pick one favorite! I looked at them on both yours and Page's blogs--just a good lookin' family!

I have been without internet for about two weeks now so I am just catching up on your posts! DON'T YOU DARE STOP BLOGGING!!!! I so enjoy getting my "boy fix" through your blog! I do understand what you mean about the lack of comments and I have also contemplated ending my blog. BUT then something FUN and/or FUNNY happens and I want to share it with all of you so I am glad I continue to have my blog, even though I don't get to post as often as I would like. And I can assure you that I have absolutely NO DESIRE to move on to facebook, so I NEED you to continue blogging! ;)

Love you and your precious family!

Amber Benge said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I love your family pictures. You have a gorgeous family!

The Spahn Family said...

I LOVE the family pics! Especially all of the kiddos together, they are all such cuties <3