Monday, November 15, 2010

weekend in review...

weekend in review... cell phone style! ** for lack of blogging material, as well as recent pics. i stole this idea from erin and thought i'd share the lastest pics from my (not so high tech) phone.

well it was a long weekend, and not in a good way. lucas woke up sick with a stomach bug about 2 am saturday. def not how we thought our weekend would go. we had a very puny, mama clinging, tummy aching, pitiful baby on our hands. 2 baths, 3 pair of pjs, countless rounds of jesus loves me, lots of yucky laundry, tons of lysol, and several stinky diapers later, lucas finally started feeling a little better. shannon came and got trace sat morning so that he could play with caden and not be in the sick house- hooray! and later i did get to get out of the house and get a much needed pedicure saturday, another hooray! but i stayed home from church sunday with lucas, so he could rest and also so not to get the other kids sick. i really hated to miss church though. i missed trace's sweet choir singing (but everyone said he did so good!) and also nate leading worship. but i heard he also did a great job- as always.poor thing was so worn out from being up sick all nite that he passed out just like this on the living room floor. sometimes you just gotta surrender to that sweet sleep! and can you believe how big he looks in this picture? my baby is hardly a baby anymore. sniff sniff.
since lucas had 2 baths already earlier in the day, trace got to play in the tub by himself saturday nite. when i got him out i wanted to take a picture of him in his cute cars towel. his response, "my eyes are closed... so you can't see me." oh. ok! :) silly boy!
oh, and then there's this awesome block tower that i helped the boys build. i know, i'm talented like that! mama has mad block skillz :-]
luckily, our weekend ended better than it started. lucas was finally feeling better and by time sunday nite rolled around he was full of sweet smiles! although it's not the weekend we planned, i am thankful that #1, we had a very low-key weekend planned anyways, so we didn't have to cancel anything too fun. #2, that it was not during the week and nate and i neither one had to miss work to take care of our sick boy. and #3, so thankful for nate. he changed the nasty sheets on lucas' bed in the middle of the nite, then slept on the couch so lucas and i could have the bed, then changed our sheets saturday after lucas had gotten his germs all over them, and also helped me keep my sanity. i could not have done it without him!
so that's all i got friends! here's hoping for a much better week!

6 comments:

Dollar General said...

I swear if that bug goes around this Thanksgiving...I SWEAR!! I can't take it! And we have PROOF that Lucas started it!! SCARY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Glad he's better!

Shalita said...

BLESS YOUR HEARTS!!! I was thinking as I was looking at the picture of Lucas asleep in the floor, that he looked SO BIG! It made me snicker when right after I thought it, I read it because you too were thinking the same thing. SLOW DOWN BABY BOY! I mean, seriously, can't they just stay little a bit longer?

So glad Lucas is feeling better!

Wow, is Page's spiritual gift mercy? ;) At least she closes her comment with: "Glad he's better!" Page, you are a mess!!!

Trace Car Driver said...

seriously page... you know that the stomach bug didn't originally start with lucas, right? your kids have probably been exposed at their new school(GASP!) ha! i'm gonna be at thanksgiving, like it or not! :P and you are gonna be up close and personal with us taking our pics, right??? pretty please???

and shalita, don't talk about how big lucas is. makes me SO sad. but not sad enough to have another one. hahaha!
and thanks SO much for the name of that christmas book, ordered it yesterday on amazon, as well as the little people nativity. can't wait for the kids to get some hands on stuff to hopefully let the truths of christmas sink in!

Dollar General said...

WE LOVE THE NATIVITY!!! Even still the kids love it! You will use it for YEARS to come!

I just remember Thanksgiving 2002 Shannon (at least we say it was her) brought the bug and everyone got sick! EVERYONE!! It was horrible. Ever since then I've been a little bit scared of Turkey and Dressing... ha ha ha!

Shalita said...

Hey Jamie, just keep doing what I do and when people talk about Lucas getting big say: "NO He's not! He is still little!" I think I say it so much about Ella Kate that other people are starting to believe it as well! :)

We LOVE the LP Nativity too! It was a great addition last year! We also have the Veggie Tales Nativity and it is quite a hit as well!

The Ferrill's said...

Page I am coming to your Thanksgiving this year and bringing my EIGHT kiddos who just got over the FLU!
:)
Sorry, I couldn't resist! You know I love you!
Jamie...so glad he's feeling better! I'm catching up on your blog and your sweet sweet family....Happy Late Birthday! I've been so bad about checking in, sorry I missed it!
Love ya!