Monday, April 4, 2011

date nite...

nate went to atlanta with a friend and was gone friday nite... so this mama took her 2 lil boys on a date! :o) trace got to pick where we went. so it's no surprise we ended up at mcdonald's! ha. i was really pulling for chick-fil-a so i could get a yummy banana pudding shake, but trace won! the boys love some kids meals with chocolate milk to drink. lucas thinks he is TOO big when i get him choc milk. he takes my hands off of it and will not let me even help him the tiniest bit. he says "i do it myself mama!"

 we made a deal, and since they ate all their chicken nuggets, they got icecream as a reward! :o) again... lucas and the whole "i do it myself" thing was a little too much! especially with an icecream cone! but they enjoyed them!
 trace will hardly ever let me take a pic of him anymore... but lucas insisted on sitting with mama (b/c he saw a bug OUTSIDE the window and he freaked.) anywho, so i snapped a quick pic with my sometimes  sweet boy!
 and what date nite is not complete without a trip to wally world? i had a ton of groceries to buy... and let me just say, as much as i hate rushing and trying to buy them on my lunch break, it beats taking the kids with me. we ran out of room in the buggy, so trace had to walk. then lucas wanted to walk. next thing i knew, a stranger had lucas by the hand at the end of the aisle, stopping him from escaping any farther from me... wow. so yeah, we survived, finally got to the checkout lane and then i had promised the kids they could ride the toys. a train ride kept them happy for a minute... then they moved to the firetruck (didn't include the pic, it was blurry, sorry..)
 and last, they rode the motorcycle. i was kinda hesitant to let both boys on there, but it ends up we didn't know how to make the thing work anyways. mama couldn't find the gas pedal or whatever it's called on a motorcycle. (poppi, if you are reading this, what is that thing called??) ha!
so yeah, there ya have it... date nite with my 2 fav little guys! we had a good nite, but were happy to see nate when he got home saturday afternoon!

1 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I love a momma/son date!! So sweet!!