Tuesday, February 7, 2012

lucas turns 3


lucas turns 3

lucas lucas lucas... my sweet, silly, stubborn, smart mouth, special, super, sometimes shy, strong willed, soft skinned, second born son. how can you already be 3 years old?! i remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. i still get teary eyed thinking back and looking at pics of those newborn days. i should have known that when i got put on bedrest at 35 weeks pregnant with you, that your life would never be "by the book"! :) but you, my crazy boy, have brought so much joy to my life. you constantly make me laugh, well, sometimes you make me cry and cuss and lose my mind! ;) you are so stinkin' funny! you are smart as can be... part of that smartness comes from your determination to do anything and everything! you can get dressed without any help at all, button your shirts, zip your jackets, open the fridge, eat all by yourself, open the door to daddy's truck, buckle yourself in your carseat, ride a scooter like a champ, put together puzzles, say your prayers, sing every song under the sun, recite bible verses... the list goes on and on! you are ALL BOY! you get scrapes and boo boos and bruises all.the.time. you run everywhere, you jump and bounce and flip, i can't tell you how many times i am telling you to s l o w d o w n ! :)
you love to eat yogurt, mac n cheese, ckn nuggets, and pizza. you wake up asking for a snack! dora snacks, cheese and crackers... you are gonna eat me out of house and home! you are just like mama and you love some apple juice. :) you love drinking out of a big boy cup. oh my you are so independent! you are so loving... when you wanna be! you will come up to me and just shower me with kisses! you will kiss my feet, my legs, my arms... i love my kissy kissy boy! you love your bubba like crazy! ya'll are getting to the age where you love to aggrevate each other, but i guess that's just normal! i'm so thankful ya'll love each other as much as you do. it's so sweet to listen to ya'll play together. you are so creative... your imagination amazes me! you are a mama's boy, through and through! you get super jealous if i am holding your bubba. or if me and daddy are holding hands you say- mom, i don't want you to do that. please stop! you hate going to sleep at nite, you always get out of your bed multiple times. you try and see what all you can get away with! but once you get to sleep, you don't like to wake up! 4 out of 5 days a week, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. but once you get a snack, you are usually good to go! :) you still love your striped blanky... you sleep with it every nite. i think you'd take it with you absolutely everywhere we went if i would let you, but i won't! :) you are not potty trained... but ya know what? when you're ready, it will happen. and not a second sooner! how do i know? b/c i've tried! :) you are healthy... you weigh about 32 pounds. you have some major muscles.. you are one stout little guy! i think you are gonna be like an ultimate fighter when you grow up! 
i could write all day long about how awesome you are. we love you like crazy, and can't imagine our life without you!! praying that god continues to lead and guide us as we raise you... 
he knows we need all the help we can get! ;-) here's to the terrific threes luc luc!




happy 3rd birthday lucas james whitt... 
we love you to the moon and back!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Jamie,

I found you blog by total accident when I was trying to rename my blog recently. I've been browsing through your blog, and I just had to comment. You look like you enjoy life so much! It's awesome!! Turns out that we both live in the same state and it looks like we follow some of the same blogs...Mckmama, Angie Smith, Patrice Williams. Ha, ha!! I'm dying to know what church your husband is on staff at. My BIL is on staff at a church in B'ham, and it would be too funny if y'all were at that same church. I'll share my new blog, but I'm in the process of changing it up a lot so there's not much to it right now. Also feel free to email me.

http://crazychaoticbeautiful.blogspot.com/

email: jmminor at hotmail dot come (all together)

Good to "meet" you! Ha, ha!!

Blessings,
Jennifer