Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5


is my baby really 5? FIVE??? there's no way my baby is 5.
 or maybe there is. but somewhere, sometime, i blinked and days turned into weeks into months into years. and my baby is 5.
 is he really big enough to ask for cool "boxer briefs like daddy wears?" apparently so. birthday bumblebee boxer briefs! for my biggest little one, my baby is 5.
 he couldn't wait to open his big gift... and we couldn't wait for him to open it either!
he got his very first real guitar!
 oh yeah... he loved it! soon he will start taking lessons from daddy. 
i can hardly comprehend that my baby is 5.
 he seems so young... but he has played toy guitars with daddy from the time he could hold one in his hands. oh, to remember the days gone by. i distinctly remember this one time, nate and trace were sitting in the kitchen floor, playing guitars. trace was wearing footed pjs. not sure why i remember that, but i do. it comes natural for my boy, playing the guitar. but it just can't be... my baby is 5.
 not to leave anyone out... we got lucas a little electric guitar. which he loves!! it runs in the family.. these boys love a guitar concert in the living room with their daddy! makes my heart smile to see it! lucas is 3... and my baby is 5.
 if i didn't know better, i'd say the one holding the guitar is a baby trace a few years ago. i mean, there's no way lucas is the youngest baby, and my baby is 5.
 it plays... on it's own! no hands ma! :) i remember when trace played with his toy guitar! he's had several in fact. he actually likes to play with this one of lucs. but, we got him a big boy guitar... because my baby is 5.
 it's just now hitting me, as i type this out. that my baby is 5. 
 it brings tears to my eyes to see this boy. he has grown so much. i can hardly stand it, how fast time has flown. i literally can not believe it is true. my baby is 5.
 this beautiful smile, on my precious tracecar's face... it says it all. he is happy. sweet. funny. he is tender- hearted. he is smart. so very smart! observant, creative, sincere, faithful, praying. he is a fast running, freckle faced, bike riding, dump truck driving, bedtime snuggler, water drinking, joke telling picky eater. kiss giving, blue eyed, believing, handsome, kind, always singing typeof kid. tree climbing, knee scraping, barefoot playing, banana eater, sunglass wearing, flower giving, protective brother. an amazing artist, thoughtful, cute and cowlicked hair, tall and skinny, wonderful pray-er, deep question asking, silly little man. this is my baby. and somehow, my baby is 5.
i can hardly remember life without this sweet boy. i will never forget the way he looked at me from across the hospital room while getting cleaned up only minutes after i delivered him. he heard my voice, turned his head, and stared at his mama. oh this boy... he has my heart. i'm so very very thankful for him. thankful that god blessed us with him. that god chose nate and i to be his parents, and lucas to be his brother. trace carter whitt, you are one of a kind. you will always, always, always be my baby. i love you more than words can say. you amaze me every day. your smile lights up the room, your laugh is contagious. your heart is so big. your faith is so simple, yet so strong. i just love everything about you. i love you to the moon and back trace carter!

happy birthday, my sweet boy... 
my baby... 
who is 5.

2 comments:

Shalita said...

Oh gracious! You have me all choked up! I think I feel the same way you do with every single birthday! I have to stop and think, "Where did the time go?" It makes me sad! It is such a joy, blessing and privilege to be a parent (even on the worst days)! I LOVE IT!!!!!! It just goes by too darn fast!

Happy Birthday Trace, you BIG BOY!!! Your Mama sure loves you bunches and bunches!!!!!!!!!

Cindi said...

Awwwww...love this, Jamie, and Happy Birthday to Trace! We just celebrated number "5", too, and I whole-heartedly agree...how in the world is he 5 already? Sigh. Couldn't help but come to your blog after reading a comment you had left for Jennifer (MckMama) and saw you lived in AL. I do too...Tuscaloosa. :)