Tuesday, July 1, 2008

just-a-growin'

YAY for another sonar and great report from the dr!!! the top sonar was taken 2 weeks ago at 6 weeks prego. the baby is t-tiny, and actually is magnified in this pic. can you see the sweet little white spot? that's our baby!! he/she was barely the size of a grain of rice, yet we could already see the heartbeat. thank you jesus. it brought tears to my eyes seeing it for the first time, and i still almost cry just remembering that sweet picture that is forever etched in my mind.


june 16, 2008
june 30, 2008
so this sonar is from our appointment yesterday! can you see the baby? it looks like a white jellybean and it's on the right side, almost touching the wall. our baby has grown so much in just 2 weeks! again, i saw the itty bitty heart beating and it just amazes me everytime!! there is such a big difference in the 2 pics, and this week, that is actual size. no magnifying! they said he/she is around 5/8 inch big. just growing and healthy as can be. we are sooo thankful!
i always get so nervous before my dr appointments. i know everything is going to go fine, but i guess part of it is just nervous excitement. and the fact that you sit in that freezing cold room practically naked for 30 minutes waiting on the dr~ but it was def. worth the wait!!!! also, i just love my doctors. adcock of course is our favorite, even nate's!! but the other 3 are great too. and the office is so comforting, to have praise and worship music playing and cute baby posters on the ceiling with scripture to take your mind off of things... i couldn't ask for a better group of doctors. i started going to brookwood ob/gyn south about 8 or 9 years ago, when i was still in high school. sweet dr. perry and dj did my surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. i miss dr perry but we know he's in a better place. i'm thankful that god brought me to that place with christian doctors and nurses that help make those not so fun dr visits bearable. anyways... we go back in 4 weeks for our official "first ob" visit, to do lab work and we'll also get to listen to the baby's heartbeat! i love it when i'm in the room waiting on the dr to come in and i can hear little heartbeats all over the office from other patients hearing their little babies. is that bad that i listen??
ok. i might be rambling now. but that's my not-so-quick baby update... i've been feeling better the past couple of weeks, still tired, and if it's not nausea it's heartburn, but hey, i better get used to that, right?!? and the last pic is my little baby bump. yep. 8 weeks and 2 days prego and already gettin' a pooch. maternity clothes - here i come! :) at least they're comfy!






"before i formed you in the womb, i knew you." jeremiah 1:5

4 comments:

Dollar General said...

You are still so skinny (as a rail) - You can forget pregnancy clothes and just put some use into my regular clothes...I've got your maternity right now! HA! I love those Dr. visits and I listen too...several times I've wanted to take a glass in to put on the wall and hear all out what people are saying. I love hearing the heartbeats in all the rooms...FUN TIMES!! Maybe we get so nervous b/c it's all pretty fragile and amazing that we carry such a precious gift...I mean a real human - it's all pretty mind numbing!! It's all so delicate...We have a VERY COOL GOD...that comes up with the most amazing creations!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Its so sweet!!! As much as I was so glad he was out...I miss all the excitement!!

Silena Cvacho said...

You look great and I'm so happy for you guys!! It is exciting to watch our family grow!! Anyway glad to hear you are feeling better! We'll keep praying for ya'll!!
Love Ya, Silena

The Spahn Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I loved my doctor's appointments, I was always so excited for those 5 minutes with the doctor. Growing a baby is so magical!