Thursday, November 6, 2008

there's no use crying over... no eggs?

so this morning i was scheduled for my 26 week glucose test. i have been very nervous the past few weeks and especially the past few days that i would not pass. seriously, i eat SWEETS all the time and had it in my head that i had "given" myself gestational diabetes. so i usually eat something sweet for breakfast - poptarts or captain crunch. those are both on the no-no list of stuff to eat before this test. no problem i thought, i'll just have some scrambled eggs and toast. well come to find out, at 6 am, when i opened the fridge to get my eggs... WE'RE OUT OF EGGS!!! so i casually mentioned to nate, "great, we're out of eggs. and i was gonna eat eggs and toast this morning b/c that's the only 2 things we have here with no sugar!" he was just kinda like, ummm sorry. sooo, ok, it should have been NO BIG DEAL! but i guess i'll blame it on hormones b/c after finding out that we were out of eggs, i just lost it. i started crying and could not stop. i think i was so worried about my appt, just nervous that i would A) have gestational diabetes or B) get fussed at for all the weight i've gained and C) kinda upset b/c nate couldn't get off work to go with me... i mean i had a 45 minute cry fest!!! i tried to get myself together. i started reading my daily scripture passage and couldn't see b/c of the TEARS that would not stop coming! so then i just prayed "dear God PLEASE help me quit crying and get myself together!" i was already running late and knew i would have to fight down-town traffic to get to the dr. and all you women out there know that there is no use in putting on makeup when you have tears streaming down your face that don't seem like they will stop anytime soon! poor nate, he even came in the bedroom and offered to go get some eggs, but i tried to explain it wasn't really about the eggs. i think he ate the last of them and really felt bad when i had a come-apart when i found out they were gone! so he eventually left, and went to work... so anyways, i finally quit crying, finished getting ready, and ate 2 pieces of toast. with no eggs :)
come to find out after my blood sugar test, all is well! the # needed to be under 139 and mine was 115! WOO HOO!!! i was praising god that everything was fine, just like nate and mom and terri had assured me it would be! i guess i haven't cried in a few WEEKS, which for me, esp. being pregnant, is a long time to go without crying! i really hope it's another few weeks before i have another meltdown. and maybe it won't be over something as stupid as NO EGGS!!!!
good news: i heard lucas's heart-tones and everything sounds great. dr. adcock said i am measuring "right on track." he always says that, so today i asked him why. and his reply was "so you know your son is normal sized and you aren't growing a 10 pounder!" i told him i was glad to hear that but always hope he will say, "looks like he's gonna be a few weeks early!" he just laughed! then they took more bloodwork to check for anemia and stuff and i was finally on my way.
i'm proud to say i haven't cried since this morning, and can actually laugh about the egg thing now. but you can bet i'll be sure to buy some next time i buy groceries though, just in case nate or i get a craving for some eggs!

3 comments:

The Grays said...

Aww! It's amazing how the tiniest things get to you when your pregnant. Or for me, it seems like any time my hormones are slightly off balance, I get crazy.

I'm glad to hear baby Lucas is doing so well! And that you don't have gestational diabetes!

Meg said...

I am so glad you passed the test! Talk about a meltdown...then you would have had one! I am glad baby Lucas is right on track! Back to pop tarts baby!

The Spahn Family said...

There is nothing like those pregnancy hormones. It doesn't matter if you know you are being irrational, you just cannot stop! I'm glad Lucas is looking good, I'll be praying for you guys. Now go get some sugar momma, you deserve it!!!