Sunday, May 10, 2009

proud mama

to the two sweetest boys ever who make me such a proud mama!
i love you to the moon trace carter and lucas james!



flashback time~ above: me and trace. below: yep, me and lucas

a BABY makes:

love stronger

the days shorter

the nights longer

savings smaller

and a home HAPPIER!

above: trace car. below: lucas
ok, i hope you can tell them apart by now :)
my cup runneth over with my sweet sweet boys!

i had a wonderful mothers day. i feel so blessed and unworthy at the same time! my boys absolutely captured my heart from the minute i found out i was pregnant. i loved them so much before i even knew them! when i saw their little hearts beating on the ultrasound for the first time at only 6 weeks in my womb, then to see them again on the ultrasound at 18 weeks, to see how much they had grown. i couldn't wait to meet them. but the moment that i will never ever forget and that brings tears to my eyes even now just remembering it, is the minute i heard their sweet cries and laid eyes on them for the first time! they are just perfect, or about as close to perfect as i think any of us are! god has blessed my family so much. i love my boys and i am so thankful to spend each and every day with them. i hope and pray i am a good mommy to them and that i make them as proud as they make me. i am also blessed to have nate as my wonderful husband, and their awesome daddy. i know that with him by my side, and god leading us, we can get thru whatever life brings us. motherhood is such a great adventure and i can't wait to continue on this journey that brings new surprises each day. god has truly given us unspeakable joy through trace and lucas. i pray that i can be a proverbs 31 woman. verse 28 says "her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." and as much as i want to make my sons and my husband proud, i pray that my actions and attitude make my heavenly father proud as well.

1 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jamie! You are twice blessed with those beautiful baby boys! ;)