Thursday, October 29, 2009

pumpkin carving 101

we didn't go to a pumpkin patch this year... mainly b/c of all the rain. and the one day we were going to go, it was 40 degrees outside! so, we visited the pumpkin patch at bitsy and poppi's house :) these are my attmeps to take pics of our little pumpkins... whether they were willing or not! we started a tradition of carving pumpkins at bitsy and poppi's house last year. we did it again on tuesday night and it was so fun! it is one of our favorite fall festivities! and i know as the kids get older it will continue to be great fun! enjoy the pics. and the pumpkins!

the cutest pumpkins in the patch!lucas supervised the carving!
let the carving begin!!
hard at work!

trace had fun playing with the pumpkin guts... then he held out his hands and said "wipe me mama!!" he doesn't like to be dirty for long!


caden and lala were loving it!
carving is hard work!

trace wanted a pirate. so that's what daddy made him :)


which one is your favorite???

3 comments:

Silena Cvacho said...

I love the pirate pumpkin best!! Did Nate use a stencil? He can do anything artistic!! :) Looks like ya'll had fun! What a great tradition!! Love ya, Silena

Shalita said...

I love the Mickey pumpkin! I love the tradition of the whole gang carving together! I also love how Lucas supervised!

I hope yall had a FUN Halloween! I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute little monsters!

The Grays said...

Y'all did an awesome job on your pumpkins! Maybe I can send Eric over for lessons next year :)