Wednesday, November 11, 2009

sips-n-strokes... minus the sips!

so i've been wanting to go to sips-n-strokes for a while now... but i cherish my nights at home with the fam! well a few of us planned to go for my bday. we almost didn't get to go at all, but in the end, christa and i went. and it was fun!! i loved my first experience and will def go again. (for those of you who aren't familiar with it... it's a place where you can BYOBeverage of choice, and for about $25, paint a super cute pic. the instructor teaches the class step by step, and at the end of the night you get to take your painting home!) i love the cross i painted... it is now hanging on my wall at my office, since the bright pink doesn't exactly match the decor of our home :o) and just in case you wondered... nope, i didn't sip a thing. shocking right? i wanted to stop and get at least a diet mtn dew or something, but we were lucky just to make it there in time! maybe the painting would have been better had i had something, ANYTHING, to sip on. but oh well. lol. i now love my cross. at first i wasn't thrilled with my finished product, but i think it's b/c i was comparing it to the 50+ others in the room. once i got home and nate told me how good i did, i was proud! and this morning trace said my spotted painting was so pretty! of course i love praises from my 2 year old! i can't help but think of this as it relates to our spiritual walk... how we start as a blank canvas with god as our instructor. i hope i make him proud as i paint my picture in life by the way i live it out daily!









1 comments:

Dollar General said...

Very Beautiful!

I liked my Eiffel Tower but now I don't! So, I'm glad yours was the other way around! I can't wait to go back! It is a VERY fun place!