Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thankful




i am so thankful for all that god has given me and my family. it goes without saying too many times, but i am so thankful for my wonderful husband. is he perfect? nope. but ya know what, none of us are! and i think he is perfect for me! he is a great husband, the leader of our home. he helps me clean and cook, which means so much to me! he takes care of the boys when i'm away. he takes them to dr appts when i can't get off work. and he is just an awesome daddy to trace and lucas! he loves them like crazy, plays with them, takes care of them, is daily present in their lives. a great role model for them to look up to! and of course i am sooo thankful for my sweet sweet boys. they are such a blessing. we always knew we wanted to have kids, but nothing could have prepared us for how much we would love them! i often realize that i love them so much, it hurts! when they are in pain, or sick, or just crying b/c they got their feelings hurt, it hurts me. when they are happy, i am happy! the lord has taught me a lot about his love for us, his children, in the 2 1/2 years that i've been a mom. i know i will never comprehend how much our heavenly father truly loves us, but man, it's more than i love my boys, which is saying A LOT!

i am so thankful for the lord, who is my savior! he has given me so much more than i deserve, including my salvation! his love is amazing, it overwhelms me. he really spoke to me this weekend while i was serving at a girls youth weekend. it never fails, i go to minister to a group of kids, and they end up ministering to me! god is cool like that, ya know! he seriously is in love with me. crazy hard to believe. in all my sin, my shame, my selfish pride, he loves me! THANK YOU JESUS FOR YOUR LOVE! of course you've all heard the song "oh how he loves"... and it is one of my favs right now! not sure where this post was going, other than i am thankful for my family. and for my savior. and all the blessings he has given me that i truly don't deserve!!

"GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD, HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!" Psalm 118:1

hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving! don't eat too much turkey :) i think i already have, and it's not even officially thanksgiving day yet! ha.

0 comments: