Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bedrest...

So let me make a long story short... with just a few details. When I went to my OB for my regular 34 week visit on Tuesday I got some surprising news. I told the nurse I had been feeling a lot of pelvic pain and pressure the past few days, and I was supposed to be traveling to Huntsville on Wednesday (for Nate's grandmother's funeral) and I wanted the nurse/dr's opinion if it was safe to travel. The nurse said they normally wouldn't check me til 35-36 weeks, but if I wanted the dr to do a pelvic exam then he would, for my peace of mind. I guess it's a mother's intution, and I kind of knew something had been going on the past 2 weeks, so I said Yes Please. Everything was checking up good- my blood pressure was normal, the baby's heartbeat was good, and he is head down already. Everything looking GREAT. Until the dr checks me and says- Uh-oh. (That's never good coming from your dr!!!) At 34 wks and 2 days I was already 2 cm and 60% effaced! So the dr ordered me off work and on bedrest for the next 2 weeks. I will go back to the dr this Tuesday for a check-up at 35 weeks. PLEASE join me in prayer that bedrest helps my progress to slow down, because Lucas is not quite full term yet... and the longer I can hold him in the better chance of his lungs developing and the healthier he will be. I am finding it very hard to rest. It's hard to not get up and do the dishes, and the laundry, and just straighten up the house. It's hard not going thru Lucas' tiny little clothes and getting them sorted and organized. It's even harder not picking up Trace and holding him. But I know I have exhausted myself the past month... I've been going non-stop at work 40 hours a week, then doing the same when I get home and on the weekends. So I know bedrest is probably a good thing at this point, I'm just having to get adjusted to it. I know that God is in control of everything, and I am praying for His peace of mind over the next few weeks until Lucas is born. I am praying that Lucas continues to grow strong and healthy and that I do not do anything to cause him to be born pre-mature. God is Good and I Know His will for my life is much better than I could ever imagine. I am thankful for such a wonderful family to help me during this time, Nate has already been so good to me, making sure I rest. I also have a wonderful group of doctors I am thankful for and that I trust 100% so I know Lucas and I will be taken great care of no matter what happens. I will update again on Tuesday after my next dr appt. Until then... I'm gonna try and rest!
Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's... I am so excited to see what 2009 has in store for all of us. Praying God's blessings on all of you. So did you do anything fun for New Year's Eve? Guess where I rung in the New Year- YEP, in the bed, asleep! :)

1 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my! You stay in that bed & keep him healthy! You Whitt girls and these early arrivers! I had to beg my doc to induce! if you need anything, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll pray. And thanks for all your sweet comments and prayers.