Thursday, January 29, 2009

tomorrow, tomorrow, i love ya... tomorrow

oh wee! one last kiss for lucas!!

so i kept trace home with me on wednesday and it was a bittersweet day. do you ever start thinking about your "lasts?" well i've been thinking about lots of lasts lately. and wednesday was the last "mommy and me" day that trace and i will have before lucas. i know we will still occasionally have those days once lucas is here, but it's not the same! trace is my little baby, he loves his mommy so much and the feeling is quite mutual!! so we had a wonderful wednesday and i am so thankful to have spent the day with him. today trace went to meme's where he will stay the nite and they will bring him to the hospital in the morning. it's wierd not having him here tonite, but at the same time, it gives nate and i a little bit of last minute rest! this morning i did my share of cleaning, but rewarded myself this afternoon with one last pregnancy pedicure *it was heavenly* and then ordered pizza for dinner! i can't eat after midnite so i figured i'd better eat good before then :)

so tomorrow is obviously the big day... we will finally finally finally meet lucas! seems like i've been pregnant forever, but it's only been 38 weeks (and 5 days) to be exact :) we are set to be at the hospital at 6 AM... i am hoping to get an epidural as soon as we get there, then push this little baby out (i hope he's little) and still catch a late breakfast. HA. hey, i'm trying to stay positive!!

seriously though. when i let my mind wander of course a million thoughts and worries could enter. but i've given it all over to god so i'm praying for a peaceful sleep tonite... i know it will be a good long while til i get another semi-uninterrupted sleep! ;) i remember those days of waking every 2-3 hours with a newborn. i know god gave us the strength to get thru them with trace and he will do the same for us and lucas!

please remember to say a little prayer for us, if you think about it! i know things will go great. and i will update whenever i get a minute, hopefully at least a cute lil pic sometime tomorrow! until then, here are a few pics of my sweet trace car. man, i love this boy!!!!!!!!!!!


getting ready for bed

"acting" camera shy

gotta love this sweet boy

4 comments:

Meg said...

Awe, I can't wait! Good luck!!!

Dollar General said...

WHOO HOO...WHOO HOO...WHOO HOO...

Here's my song Annie:

"I'm so excited...And I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!"

Yay, Yay, Yay!

The Grays said...

YAY!! I know you're so excited! I can't wait to see pictures of that little angel!

The Ferrill's said...

It's Lucas' birthday! Has he made his appearance yet? Praying for yall! Let us know!