Friday, May 27, 2011

life lately...

Life lately… has been crazy. There’s so much I want to say, but I don’t even know where to start. I will just say it’s been a super long week. Very tough at times. I’m so glad it’s Friday and a long weekend, so I don’t have to use my brain too much the next 3 days! But through the ups and downs, I have felt God’s presence and his peace. I know in the last post I shared a few songs with you, but one more that has really really really spoken to me and rang true is Strong Enough, by Matthew West.

Here are the lyrics.


You must
You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through


Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough


Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us


Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up


Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out


I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough


Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
and you are strong
When I am weak


I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
Strong enough

Maybe someone else needed to be reminded of these words. The awesome thing, is it’s more than lyrics to a catchy song. It’s the truth. God promises to be strong when we are weak. And for that, I am so very thankful!


and because I HATE a post with no pics, here’s a few pics from my cell phone from this past week…

eating at coldstone... my fav place for a yummy icecream treat!

the boys went fishing with poppi and they have talked about it all week. today lucas asked me- next time, you want to go fishing with us mom? :) so sweet!

trace was catching them faster than poppi could reel them in!

mama and silly lucas!

daddy and one of his mini-me's!

we went to the outlets in leeds, and forgot the stroller. quickly realized it was well worth the $4 to rent one! for the most part lucas rode in it, but of course trace wanted a turn! so watch out, wreckless driver!

dirty dirty boy! right before bathtime!

awwww. me and my tracecar! love it!!

i am soo excited for this weekend. tonite, it's date nite with the hubs. tomorrow- it's chillin, then zbb concert with lib! sunday- church at big springs park then a picnic. sunday nite- swapping baby sitting favors and letting caden lala and sweet t stay the nite. and monday- cookout at meme's then hanging with rob amy and jack! busy but fun! hope ya'll have a happy and safe memorial day!

0 comments: